EP 34 | How to Grow Your Email List by Hosting an Online Summit with Marisa Corcoran
As a small business owner, you know you need to grow your email list and build an online community. What if there was one thing that could help you do both in record time? Enter the online summit. It’s similar to a virtual or in-person conference. And yes, it takes planning and thought, but the payoff is huge.
Marisa Corcoran has perfected the art of creating online events with her Signature Summit System. Using her framework, business owners have grown their email lists by 500 to 2,000 leads. In this episode, she’s breaking down everything from how to choose a thoughtful speaker lineup to where to send people when the summit ends and everything in between. Whether you’re a summit pro or you’ve never heard of one (but know you want to grow your audience), this episode is not to be missed!
- The differences between a summit and a podcast
- How to structure a summit to avoid attendee overwhelm
- Why you should create themes for your summit
- How to ensure summit speakers feel supported
- Why you shouldn’t shy away from inviting speakers in your field
- How to get a good listen and show up rate for a virtual summit
- How to encourage attendees to purchase lifetime access to the interviews
- The benefits of being a speaker for a summit
- The importance of creating a diverse speaker lineup
- How to host a summit with intentionality
Marisa helps coaches and creatives craft their uncopyable message inside her signature program, The Copy Confidence Society. She's also the creator of the wildly popular summit, The Copy Chat which has raised over $100K for non-profit organizations.
Did you hear something you really loved, or have a question about summits? DM Marisa on Instagram!
Links & Mentioned Resources
Connect with Marisa
Connect with Sunny